Hello Gorgeous is partnering with Cloudland Coffee to bring you fresh and delicious coffee! Cloudland Coffee's roasting days are on Wednesdays and Fridays and your order will be roasted the first available roasting day after you place your order, so you get the freshest coffee! Your coffee will be shipped or delivered the next day.
- 2018 GOLDEN BEAN NORTH AMERICA BRONZE MEDAL WINNER!
- Tasting Notes: Full bodied with well balanced medium acidity. Lots of brown spices especially notes of clove.
- Variety: Bourbon
- Processing: Fully washed.
- Cerifications at Origin: Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance, Organic
- Region: Mushubati, Rutsiro district, western province, near Lake Kivu
- Farm: Ejo Heza CooperativeAltitude: 1,600 - 1,800 meters above see level.
Background from our importer:
The Ejo Heza (means “bright tomorrow”) sub cooperative of the KOPAKAMA cooperative and are comprised of over 300 women. As farmers, the women of Ejo Heza are eager to find ways to increase the health of their trees. WIth a lot of agronomist support provided by KOPAKAMA, the women have been encouraged and are even conducting experiments on optimization of weeding and mulching techniques. The Ejo Heza members pick coffee together as a group on Tuesdays attheir community plot of trees. They remember to only pick the best cherry. The KOPAKAMA washing station, where Ejo Heza cherry is processed, is recognized as well-managed. What do they do with their “bonus” from coffee? Their cooperativehelped them start a microcredit savings and lending group in 2016.